Energy Training Week – IEA December 24, 2010Posted by benisuryadi in 01 - Daily Short, Activity, Y2011.
Tags: IEA, Info, Training
1 comment so far
I just got the information by today that the IEA is pleased to announce that it is opening its doors for a week of free* training on energy specifically aimed at professionals in developing countries and emerging economies. Its called Energy Training Week and will be held on 4-8 April 2011 in IEA Headquarters, Paris, France.
There are five course available, which are:
1. Energy Essentials for Decision Makers (with a special focus on natural gas)
2. Oil and Gas Market Security (with a special focus on natural gas)
3. Energy Efficiency and Low Carbon Policy (focus on climate sustainability)
4. Low Carbon Technology Policy and Planning (focus on technology deployment roadmaps)
5. Energy Analysis and Modelling (focus on methods and tools)
Over the course of five intensive days, participants will take part in a mixture of highly focussed lectures and hands-on exercises, thereby becoming familiar with the theory behind and the application of the IEA’s internationally recognised models and tools. All courses will be highly interactive, allowing participants to engage directly with IEA experts and to exchange knowledge and experience with peers from many other countries. The event will also offer many opportunities for informal networking.
As my work goes with course 4 and 5 but we can only attend one course at the time, so I decide to apply for course 4. I think I need this more in the way to start my job on IEA-ASEAN team to develop ASEAN Energy Technology Roadmap.
*Anyway, free only means for attendance charge. You still have to cover your own travel and accomodations costs by your own.